Job Title: Barista
Salary Package: ₹12,000 –18,000 a Month
Company Name: Starbucks
Job Location: Siliguri, West Bengal
Job Info :
Starbucks India is a 50:50 Joint Venture between Tata Global Beverages and Starbucks Coffee Company. Currently, we have presence in 8 cities with over 125 stores through a network of over 1,800+ passionate partners (employees). Our core business is more than just coffee. We are in the people business selling coffee. And we know our success depends on the people we hire, retain and develop.
Our mission statement – “To inspire and nurture the human spirit – one person, one cup and one neighbourhood at a time” and core values are the roots of our culture and serve as guidepost for our partners. We’re called partners, because it’s not just a job, it’s our passion. Together, we embrace diversity to create a place where each of us can be ourselves. We always treat each other with respect and dignity. And we hold each other to that standard.
Purpose and Scope of position
This position contributes to our success by:
- Providing legendary customer service to all customers.
- This job creates the Starbucks Experience for our customers by providing customers with prompt service, quality beverages and products, and maintaining a clean and comfortable store environment.
- Barista is responsible for modelling and acting in accordance with TATA Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Acts with integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promote the culture and values of TATA Starbucks.
- Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues.
- Maintains a calm demeanour during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the shift team.
- Develops enthusiastically satisfied customers all of the time.
- Welcomes and connects with every customer.
- Discover customer needs and appropriately suggests product with every customer to enhance service and meet sales goals.
- Responds to customer needs and says thank you to every customer.
- Demonstrates the “Just Say Yes” behaviour by taking care of customer needs.
- Delivers legendary customer service to all customers by acting with a “customer comes-first” attitude.
- Assists with new partner training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed.
- Contributes to a positive team environment by recognizing changes in partner behaviours that might signal potential problems or changes in partner morale and performance and communicating the changes to the immediate supervisor/store manager.
- Follows TATA Starbucks operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security, to ensure the safety of all partners during each shift.
- Maintains a clean and organized workspace so that partners can locate resources and product as needed.