Job Title: Operations Manager
Salary Package: ₹22,000 – ₹35,000 a month
Company Name: Amazon
Job Location: Manesar, Gurugram
Qualification : Bachelor’s Degree
Amazon – where builders can build! We’re looking for a smart, customer-obsessed innovators and owners to join our Operations Team.
Purview of an Operations Manager:
Manager-II, Operations is responsible for managing a team and facilitating flow of information across multiple stakeholders to resolve any potential issues that impact customer experience/ business continuity.
The candidate should have a basic understanding of the logistics space and should be able to communicate clearly in the written and oral form. She/he should be able to come up with process improvements and drive them through to completion.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing a shift and continuously identifying opportunities to improve shift performance and owning the associated change management.
- Managing key daily performance metrics to drive team performance and business results.
- Identifying the business impact of trends and making data backed decisions.
- Communicating with internal and external customers (Finance, Ops Excellence, Fulfillment Centers, Last Mile stations)
Key job responsibilities
- Drive continuous learning and process improvement culture change through best practice sharing, vocal advocacy, and visible hands-on leadership.
- Lead the learning, training and development for all the associates, process experts and managers in the positive correlation between customer experience and productivity
- Excellence implementation. Create and deploy a learning calendar and ensure 100% compliance
- Provide Strategic vision for the Operations Excellence program for project selection, scope, definition, and performance to ensure alignment with business strategy
- Drive tactical execution of key initiatives building and managing the road map to achieve the Operation Excellence team’s vision.
- Support process improvements, best practice sharing, and standardization across all Amazon Logistics processes using Lean principles.
- Bachelor’s degree with 4-6 years of work experience.
- Creative and analytical problem solver with a passion to provide excellent customer service.
- Should be flexible to adapt to a 24 x 7 operating environment
- Ability to pull data from databases (using Excel, Access, SQL and/or other data management systems).