Job Title: Refinery Scheduler
Salary Package: ₹18,000 – ₹32,000 a Month
Company Name: Shell
Job Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Qualification : Bachelor’s Degree
- Purpose & Accountabilities:
- Ensure all activities are conducted in accordance with agreed Health, Safety and Environment practices and procedures as outlined in the Asset Management System (AMS) Forecast Plan and Production (FPP) Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Refinery Scheduler uses inputs from Supply and Manufacturing to develop, optimize and execute an evolving and robust refinery schedule through: Defining crude and feedstock loading/discharge programs Scheduling of process unit operations Optimizing product blending, meeting products commitment and stocks targets Logistics scheduling – pipeline, jetties
- The schedules generated must respect refinery system operating windows. The scheduler uses site established tools to accomplish their role. This includes use of current tools Aspen Petroleum Scheduler (APS, previously known as Orion) and CSi Spiral Crude Assay for the Crude Scheduler.
- No Annual budgets which you directly control but can have influence over department and production area budgets.
- No direct staff, but the candidate is expected to coach/mentor less experienced staff.
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
- More than 5 years in the Oil and Gas industry with at least two years of experience in Economics and Scheduling or Process Engineering (operating refinery or petrochemicals plants preferred).
- Suitable applicants may have a scheduling and/or a general refinery technology background with some knowledge of core refinery processes and is able to understand the economics of these processes. Relevant experience in refinery technology, oil movements or supply & distribution is an advantage.
- Experience in refinery scheduling with APS/MBO (or equivalent) will be advantageous but not strictly required.
- A high level of comfort in using computer-based tools as well as unit simulators. Advanced spreadsheet skill required. Understanding of IT technologies, Data Analysis techniques, databases, and reasonable computer programming skills is a plus.
- Fully versed with MS Office suite of software (Word, Powerpoint and Outlook)