Job Title: Driver
Salary Package: ₹12,000 – ₹18,000 a Month
Company Name: UNESCO
Job Location: New Delhi, Delhi
Qualification : 12th Pass
The UNESCO Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education for Peace and Sustainable Development (MGIEP) is UNESCO’s first education-related category 1 institute in the Asia and the Pacific region towards the development and promotion of new approaches to education for a more peaceful and sustainable world. The Institute is a globally regarded centre of excellence for research and implementation of socio-emotional learning (SEL) through innovative digital pedagogies empowered by Artificial Intelligence.
Under the overall authority of the Director and direct supervision of the National Finance and Administrative Officer (AO) of the Institute, the incumbent will serve as “Driver” and will be responsible for the following duties:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the provision of safe and reliable driving services. Drives vehicle safely for the Office Director, senior-level officials, and other authorized personnel and visitors. Meet and greet officials and visitors at the airport including assisting, where necessary, with protocol, visa, and customs formalities. Deals effectively and tactfully with officials and visitors.
- Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of assigned vehicles through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tyres, brakes, and water levels, car washing, etc, and to keep the vehicle clean and in good running condition at all times.
- Ensure that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of an accident.
Skills and competencies
- Good knowledge of diplomatic protocols, courtesies, and security issues. Ability to present a professional image at all times.
- Ability to deal calmly with unexpected circumstances or delays. Proactive and polite behaviour.
- Excellent knowledge of local driving rules and regulations and demonstrate good road etiquette.
- Good knowledge of local roads and conditions.
- Good knowledge of maintenance of vehicles and knowledge of mechanics and repair of vehicles.
- Ability to use GPS and basic computer skills to record information in IT systems
- Sensitivity to diversity, Orientation to learning and knowledge sharing, Client Orientation, and Communication
- Discretion and respect for confidentiality.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to demonstrate gender-sensitive and non-discriminatory behavior and attitudes.